For those of you with TD Ameritrade accounts and also moomoo accounts, and are affected by TD Ameritrade asking you to get out unless you are an Accredited Investor, you have the option of transferring your TD Ameritrade shares in because starting recently, moomoo SG have pushed through and now fully supports ACATS (Automated Customer Account Transfer Service) transfers.
This will allow you to get your investments into moomoo SG. It is remarkable for moomoo SG to push this through.
There are advantages if you are an options trader on moomoo:
- US$0.3/Contract for US Options Trading | See pricing here
- Free Real-Time OPRA Options Quote
- 4.8%^ Flat USD Margin Rate
- Customizable Multi-Leg Options Order
- Powerful Stock & Option Analysis Tools
To provide you incentives to transfer your TD Ameritrade shares to moomoo SG, here is a special deal:
Here are the incentives:
- If you use my moomoo SG referral link here
- Get FREE Apple Share if you transfer shares with greater than SG$5,000 and maintain 30-days average daily assets of SG$5,000. Apple shares recently valued at US$172.
- Upon successful transfer of eligible assets to Moomoo SG, you will get 1 Apple share.
- You have a transfer fee subsidy to offset the cost of transfer in SG$200.
- Upon successful transfer of eligible assets to Moomoo SG, please submit a request to our client service team [email protected] with your statement of account of the outside broker for the transfer fee.
- The subsidy will be issued to the user’s Moomoo SG universal account within 15 working days in the form of cash coupons. Moomoo SG will subsidise the expenses deducted from the original brokerage firm due to the transfer, up to a maximum of S$200.
This is how you do it.
Here is How to Transfer Your Positions from TD Ameritrade Singapore to Moomoo SG
First, go to TD Ameritrade website to download your latest account statement in PDF format. The statement must include:
- Your address
- Full name
- Share quantity
You can learn more about how to access your statement here.
1. Start the transfer process in the moomoo app
Click “Accounts”, go to “Transfer”, select “Transfer Stock In”
Select “US Market”
2. Provide details of your TD Ameritrade account
Select “TD Ameritrade”
Enter your account number with TD Ameritrade.
Upload your account statement with TD Ameritrade.
Provide your latest account statement in PDF format. The statement must include:
- Your address
- Full name,
- and position quantity.
3. Choose Full or Partial Transfer: Select “Full Transfer”
Select “Initiate Full Transfer” for all your assets from TD Ameritrade SG.
Confirm your account number and statement with TD Ameritrade.
4. Choose Full or Partial Transfer: select “Partial Transfer”
Select “Initiate Partial Transfer” from your TD Ameritrade SG account.
Choose the Stocks, Options, or Cash you wish to transfer to Moomoo SG.
- Name: You can only transfer stocks between brokerage accounts under your name.
- Transfer Fees: Moomoo SG does not charge any fees for incoming transfers. However, the other broker may charge a fee for this service.
- Processing Time: Usually 5 to 7 business days. Once the transfer is received by Moomoo SG, it may take 1 to 2 business days to appear in your Moomoo SG universal account.
- Transfer Details: The above screenshots are for illustration purposes only, and the transfer details that require your confirmation may differ from what is shown here.
IF You Do Not Have a Moomoo SG Account YET
Moomoo has incentives for you to sign up.
You can check out my write-ups on moomoo SG:
You can use my referral link here to sign up with a whole slew of rewards:
Do note that the rewards for the TD Ameritrade transfer and new account opening do not stack with each other. You either get one or the other.
This article is written in collaboration with moomoo Singapore. All views expressed in the article are my independent opinion. Neither moomoo Singapore nor its affiliates shall be liable for the content of the information provided. The Monetary Authority of Singapore has not reviewed this advertisement.
- Have the World or Emerging Market Healthcare Stocks Outperform the World and EM Index? - November 26, 2023
- Retirement Spending Can Vary from 25% to 100%. Not your usual 2% to 3% a Year. - November 23, 2023
- If I Earn 10% Yearly On Average, and Inflation Averages 3% Yearly, I can Safely Spend 7% Yearly Right? - November 18, 2023