About Investment Moats
Investment Moats is set up by Kyith Ng and have been around since 2005. He aims to share his experiences making sense of money, how money works and ways to grow his money. It hopes that by sharing his experiences, both good and bad, season investors can advice and critique his decisions and new investors can learn from them and find their own style.
This main themes discussed regularly are:
- Growing and Managing Wealth. Kyith shares some of the immutable truths of wealth building, wealth spending and controlling your wealth. Kyith’s formula for building wealth is simple but you need to adjust your mindset and life to be successful in building and managing wealth. You can start off by taking a look at Kyith’s formula to building his wealth here (Kyith’s Wealthy Formula). If you are just starting your wealth building, this article on lessons learnt from Kyith’s experience is a good starter as well. (Kyith’s FI Advice)
- Financial Security and Financial Independence. Kyith does not believe in the standard definition of saving for retirement. To him, it is more about building up a Wealth Machine that produce a cash flow that is able to pay for your annual basic expenses (financial security) or for your annual expenses now (financial independence). He shares why it makes more sense to achieve security and Independence than merely waiting for retirement at 65 years old and shows different, diverse ways and mindset to achieve that. You can start by taking a look at the immutable generic formula to create a Wealth Machine that produce cash flows that keeps up with inflation and covers your basic or your full expenses (Kyith’s Generic Wealth Machine Formula)
- Money Management in Investing. Kyith stresses the importance of putting every single dollar to work and how it is done.
- Identifying good and bad businesses. Kyith analyzes companies that he is interested in, vested in or companies that he will not touch. He discusses valuation, stability and risk as well as key economic moats that can make or break the business in the long run.
- Dividend Income Investing. Kyith discusses the virtues of investing in dividend paying companies for growth and building a passive income. He also shows how to go about valuing REITs, MLPs, Utilities and businesses that grows their cash flow.
- Long Term Market Trends. Kyith takes a long term look on markets and identifies the probable direction of the market using charts and market price sentiments.
- Technical Analysis. Kyith occasionally talks about companies in danger of breaking down in prices and bursting on the upside.
- International Investing and Money. Many sites are geared towards an audience that is skewed towards the United States but there are many investors who look to put their money internationally and manages their money not based in USA. Kyith discuss on how you can do that as well.
Kyith keeps his best articles and tools under Resources. Tune in frequently in this treasure stash to find strategies and advice that are time tested and true for most situations. [Resources here]
A Little Bit About Kyith
By day, Kyith is a software and system support specialist struggling to meet user’s service level agreement, putting up with the demands of his boss and colleagues professional and sometimes personal problems.
By night, Kyith shares about his escapades in money management, investing and his love for all things technology.
Kyith holds a degree in Computer Science from the National University of Singapore and is certified at many levels in systems and software competency.
How to connect with Investment Moats
The best way to tune in to Investment Moats is to subscribe to Investment Moats RSS Feed [Our RSS Feed here].
Alternatively, choose to receive your articles via email by filling in your email address and clicking “Join Us” to the right.
You can also follow us on Facebook at Investment Moats Facebook Page [Link here].
If you like the articles we posted do share it on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook or Google Plus by clicking on the respective buttons.
Should you have any inquiries or things that needs to discuss privately you can email to [email protected]
Advertise on Investment Moats
We welcome sponsorship dealing with the same investing theme as Investment Moats and you can refer to our advertising page for information how to connect with us. [Advertise Info Page]
Disclaimer & Privacy:
Friday 2nd of June 2023
Hello - This is regarding the following article on your portal regarding using CPF for T bills
Customers no longer need to go down to the branch to apply for T bills using cpf oa/sa if they bank with OCBC. They can apply using the digital channels (mobile or internet banking). It’s so seamless and convenient for the customer.
Request you to please update the post.
Saturday 3rd of June 2023
Hi Shankar, thanks for the update. I wanted to verify for my bank regarding CPF SA but sadly it was during after hours so I was unable to do that.
Sunday 12th of March 2023
For those wondering why the copyLivePortfolioDataToHistory function seems to be adding an empty row at the start of the portfolio history sheet, it's because row number two isn't actually empty, but contains the text note in cell J2 that explains what the sheet does. If you delete that note, the script will populate the rows starting from row number 2 without leaving a blank one. To keep the note and make the empty row go away you'd have to modify the code, but I guess it's only a minor inconvenience, you either delete the note or keep the blank row. Thanks so much for this sheet, which I believe is the best free sheet of this kind available online. Keep it up!
Sunday 12th of March 2023
Hi Raekon, thanks for educating everyone!
Tuesday 22nd of March 2022
Hi where did u get info that AIA Platinum Legacy is giving 8% crediting rate?
Tuesday 22nd of March 2022
Hi LG, the 8% crediting rate was shown in the BI. However, I got more than one comment that I should recheck my facts about what was in the BI and what could be within the recommendation parameters. I would take down my post first to avoid any confusion. Do reach out to me if you need to find out more. Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience.
Friday 14th of January 2022
It seems that getYPrice3 script in the portfolio tracker is not working.
Saturday 15th of January 2022
On my side it seem to be still working.
Sunday 22nd of October 2006
no. shouldnt be me. i have never went managa screener before.