COVID-19 has created a situation that certain parts of the world’s economy are in distress. We have a sudden dislocation of resource allocation. Central banks around the world have provided liquidity to prevent the global economy from going into a freefall.
We are seeing exceptionally low interest rate. Rates that we have not seen in the past.
This has hurt traditional savers the most. The traditional savers are more risk averse. A larger proportion of their net wealth is in cash.
In 2020, we have seen various financial institutions reducing their fixed deposit rates, interest rates on hurdle accounts. The incentive to save has reduced.
NTUC Income is back with their Gro Capital Ease.
Gro Capital Ease is a 3-year endowment plan that will deliver a guaranteed return of 1.58% p.a.1 at maturity.
All you need to do is commit a single premium (a one-time lump-sum payment), and at the end of the 3 years, you will receive a guaranteed maturity benefit of 104.82%2 of the single premium.
Here are some things to take note about Gro Capital Ease:
1. Protection for death & total and permanent disability (TPD before age 70)
Should you die or become totally and permanently disabled within one year from the cover start date of the policy, Gro Capital Ease will pay out the net single premium. Otherwise, it will payout 105% of the net single premium if you are in your second or third year of the policy term
2. The application can be done online, starting from just $5,000
Enjoy a hassle-free application from the comforts of your home when you apply online.
What’s more, the minimum single premium for Gro Capital Ease starts from just $5,000 per online transaction which can be paid via eNets, PayNow QR, eGIRO or Supplementary Retirement Scheme (SRS) funds.
However, if you like, you can still consult a financial advisor representative to assist with your application, which can be paid via cash or SRS funds. The minimum single premium for this option starts from $20,000.
3. Guaranteed Acceptance
But that’s not all! With no medical underwriting required, you can be assured of guaranteed acceptance.
If you are interested, do hurry and sign up here as Gro Capital Ease is only available on a first-come, first-served basis for a limited period.
- The guaranteed yield at maturity of 1.58% p.a. will be paid out at the end of the 3-year policy term, provided that the insured survives at the end of the policy term, with no policy alterations or claims made during the entire policy term.
- The guaranteed maturity benefit of 104.82% (rounded to the nearest 2 decimal places) of the single premium is based on the guaranteed yield at maturity of 1.58% p.a.
This article is only for information. It reflects my opinion and not that of NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative Limited (“Income”). It is not financial advice and has no regards to any person’s investment and financial needs. Please seek advice from a qualified advisor for a suitable product. Past performance of a product is not indicative of its future performance. Income is not responsible to any person for this article including any unauthorised use of information. This is not an offer, recommendation or solicitation to buy or sell any products.
Precise terms, conditions and exclusions of products are in the policy contracts.
Protected up to specified limits by SDIC (applicable for Income products that fall under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme).
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Information is correct as at 19 Jan 2021
- CPF Raised SA, MA and RA Interest to 4.08% p.a. Basic Healthcare Sum Rises to $71,500. - December 6, 2023
- Singapore Savings Bonds SSB January 2024 Yield Plunges to 3.07% (SBJAN24 GX24010F) - December 1, 2023
- New 6-Month Singapore T-Bill Yield in Early-December 2023 Should be Slightly Higher at 3.85% (for the Singaporean Savers) - November 30, 2023