Last week, Reggie from The Financial Coconut did a podcast episode with my boss. If you listened till the end, Reggie updated what his next episode will be about.
If you are interested in my conversation with Reggie, you can listen to it here:
Here is the timeline to some of our discussion:
- 1:26: Does Kyith think early retirement is a fad?
- 3:30: What do I want when I started this journey?
- 5:00: How our Money Stories in the young affect us
- 6:20: My older wealth-building model
- 9:40: Must you be an investor to gather wealth
- 12:20: Explaining Risk vs Return vs Effort
- 16:00: “Everything compounds”
- 19:00: Competencies other than investing that I pick up along the way and also on learn.
- 22:50: How do we tell an expert or mentor is a real deal?
- 25:00: Shifting how I manage my money
- 31:00: My thoughts on where its better to invest in the future (Growth, Value)
I would like to thank Reggie for inviting me to do this podcast. For longer time readers, there should be nothing new shared from this episode. As a podcast listener, I wonder why his podcast is not syndicated to other platforms so that I can listen on applications like Player.FM. Normally, I do not use Spotify to listen to podcasts but these are just minor details.
If you do not wish to hear my conversation, here is a better content.
My friend 15 Hour Work Week’s wife wrote a very detail post sharing her IVF journey: Our IVF Journey at KKH
I don’t have any children. My life has been surrounded by people who wanted children or more children but faced setbacks and difficulties along the way.
Financial bloggers like myself sometimes write about the costs of having children, preaching careful deliberation over balancing the number of children and financial capability.
Few of us could describe the physical and emotional aspect of trying to have children.
Do Like Me on Facebook. I share some tidbits that is not on the blog post there often. You can also choose to subscribe to my content via email below.
I break down my resources according to these topics:
- Building Your Wealth Foundation – If you know and apply these simple financial concepts, your long term wealth should be pretty well managed. Find out what they are
- Active Investing – For active stock investors. My deeper thoughts from my stock investing experience
- Learning about REITs – My Free “Course” on REIT Investing for Beginners and Seasoned Investors
- Dividend Stock Tracker – Track all the common 4-10% yielding dividend stocks in SG
- Free Stock Portfolio Tracking Google Sheets that many love
- Retirement Planning, Financial Independence and Spending down money – My deep dive into how much you need to achieve these, and the different ways you can be financially free
- Providend – Where I currently work doing research. Fee-Only Advisory. No Commissions. Financial Independence Advisers and Retirement Specialists. No charge for the first meeting to understand how it works