So after DBS reduce the bonus interest on their DBS Multiplier Account, it is UOB’s turned to reduce the bonus interest on their UOB One Account.
The UOB One have been a popular account among many because you would only need to fulfill $500 a month of credit card spend plus 3 GIRO transactions / Salary credit.
Come 1st May 2020, UOB One’s Bonus Interest Will be Reduced as Well:
The reduction looks much more massive than DBS’s reduction.
UOB help you compute how much in absolute amount you can earn.
I have worked out the average interest rate if you held the maximum $75,000 in your account. The interest reduction looks significant. To be fair 1.8% a year is not too bad.
However, because UOB have been tightening what they deem as eligible spend on their credit card. The reward is slowly not justifying the hoops we need to jump through.
Do Like Me on Facebook. I share some tidbits that is not on the blog post there often. You can also choose to subscribe to my content via email below.
I break down my resources according to these topics:
- Building Your Wealth Foundation – If you know and apply these simple financial concepts, your long term wealth should be pretty well managed. Find out what they are
- Active Investing – For the active stock investors. My deeper thoughts from my stock investing experience
- Learning about REITs – My Free “Course” on REIT Investing for Beginners and Seasoned Investors
- Dividend Stock Tracker – Track all the common 4-10% yielding dividend stocks in SG
- Free Stock Portfolio Tracking Google Sheets that many love
- Retirement Planning, Financial Independence and Spending down money – My deep dive into how much you need to achieve these, and the different ways you can be financially free
- Providend – Where I work doing research. Fee-Only Advisory. No Commissions. Financial Independence Advisers and Retirement Specialists. No charge for the first meeting to understand how it works