Many of us probably don’t drink so much coffee or tea, but there are times and periods in the workweek when we need some extra sugar & caffeine boosters.
This is the case for my colleagues and I.
My colleagues Jiamin and Mike decided to head to Guoco Tower one day to try out Luckin Coffee’s $0.99 offer.
- Just download the luckin coffee app. You must order through the app to choose your delivery options or pickup locations.
- Your first drink is at $0.99
If you need a morale booster for the day, don’t think so much.
Just give it a try.
That is what I did.
Jiamin and Mike told me not all the flavors “can make it”. Jiamin help me risk manage by choosing the Coconut Velvet Latte.
Note: Luckin Coffee is conscious enough to default their default choice to less sugar. You should stick to that and don’t be a hero like me and choose regular sweet.
The Many Flavors in Luckin Coffee to Choose From
I kinda think that their default image does not make the coffee as appealing as it is. Even after the first $0.99 discount, there are 40-50% discount offers that make the drinks more affordable. If you are less adventurous, stick with the Best Sellers.
Thre are also tea for those tea-only drinkers.
The Current Locations of Luckin Coffee
I don’t think we should make our way specially to try some coffee or tea unless they are really exceptional.
Luckin Coffee is not that but an outlet may be close to you.
- Ngee Ann City (Orchard)
- Tampines 1
- Citylink Mall (City Hall)
- Guoco Tower (Tanjong Pagar)
- i12 Katong
- Marina Square
- Aperia Mall (Kallang)
Not a lot of places still but might be close to some of you!
How Does Fraud Coffee Taste Like?
Our investment team and I joke and wonder how fraud coffee taste like.
But in truth, their existence is an evidence that eventual business success may require resilience, rejuvenation and luck.
Luckin Coffee was started in China not too long ago. They took the Starbucks model and wanted to compete aggressively with Starbucks in China. With capital and aggressive China entrepreneurship, they managed to make some real headways.
But in early 2020, a short seller began questioning the company’s accounting and the chairman and related people were found to have fabricated sales and profits. Luckin Coffee was slapped with fines from the US Securities and Exchange Commission and had to file for bankruptcy.
Post bankruptcy, the company decided to restructure:
- Settled US class-action lawsuit to resolve investors’ claims for $187.5 mil.
- Restructure large amount of debts.
- Replace most of its top management and oust its former chairman, CEO and those employees involved in the fraud.
- Chinese private equity firm Centurium Capital came in with $240 mil worth of capital injections.
- Shifted to an emphasis on physical store-level operations, building product lines and reducing ops cost.
To finance guys like myself, we will always associate the sweet taste of the coffee and tea with its colorful background.
Luckin Coffee Referral Promotions and Codes
If you sign up and buy your first coffee, you pay only $0.99.
On top of that, you get about three additional coupons:
- 50% off next drink
- 45% off next drink
- 40% off next drink
If you refer your friends, your next drink will also be $0.99.
If you want to trade these stocks I mentioned, you can open an account with Interactive Brokers. Interactive Brokers is the leading low-cost and efficient broker I use and trust to invest & trade my holdings in Singapore, the United States, London Stock Exchange and Hong Kong Stock Exchange. They allow you to trade stocks, ETFs, options, futures, forex, bonds and funds worldwide from a single integrated account.
You can read more about my thoughts about Interactive Brokers in this Interactive Brokers Deep Dive Series, starting with how to create & fund your Interactive Brokers account easily.
- 99% of CPF Members Attain Less Than 4 Times Their CPF BRS When They Turn 55. How True is This? - February 25, 2024
- New 6-Month Singapore T-Bill Yield in End-February 2024 to be Lower at 3.55% (for the Singaporean Savers) - February 22, 2024
- Mr Lawrence Wong Woke Up on Friday Morning and Chose Violence. - February 18, 2024