Do you wish to test your trading skills, beat the pants out of professionals and be rewarded for it?
Now your chance is here!
Investing discussion group platform InvestingNote.com is partnering with SGX and Societe Generale to organize an active trading tournament for traders.
You can be part of this competition. All you have to do is click the Register for FREE blue button, and you are on your way.
Registration will be from 21 Sep 2019 til 8 Nov 2019
The tournament will consist of 2 rounds and one voting period:
- Elimination Round (14th Oct – 8th Nov 2019): A free-for-all trading simulation that includes all participants. Top 10 traders based on highest total portfolio returns will be selected. A minimum of four trades for each participant is also required to be the top 10 traders.
- Final Round (18th Nov – 29th Nov 2019): Top 10 traders will compete against each other. The top 3 traders with the highest portfolio returns will win a prize. A minimum of four trades for each participant is also required to be the top 3 traders.
- Voting Period (18th Nov – 29th Nov 2019): The 10 traders into the final round will garner for votes from the public during this period. The trader with the highest number of votes will win the “People’s Choice Award”
What you will be trading are Daily Leverage Certificates or DLC for short. I have written about DLC in the past when SGX first released them here.
These are instruments meant for speculation on the short term.
I need to put this out there. They are not good for the average wealth builder’s health most of the time.
The prices to be won:
- 1st Prize: $4,000
- 2nd Prize: $2,000
- 3rd Prize: $1,000
- People’s Choice Award: $1,000
Usually, these tournaments are good for newbies who are curious to see how they fare. The interactions and the knowledge look up during this period may increase their interest to dive deeper into this.
This will be how they started their trading journey. But this could be a terrible introduction.
But this could be some good clean fun to figure out how DLC work. As a longer-term investor, sometimes you got to be challenged behaviorally on a consistent basis. Short term trading does increase the frequency you see larger swings in your portfolio, so this may give you a good perspective.
Do Like Me on Facebook. I share some tidbits that is not on the blog post there often. You can also choose to subscribe to my content via email below.
I break down my resources according to these topics:
- Building Your Wealth Foundation – If you know and apply these simple financial concepts, your long term wealth should be pretty well managed. Find out what they are
- Active Investing – For active stock investors. My deeper thoughts from my stock investing experience
- Learning about REITs – My Free “Course” on REIT Investing for Beginners and Seasoned Investors
- Dividend Stock Tracker – Track all the common 4-10% yielding dividend stocks in SG
- Free Stock Portfolio Tracking Google Sheets that many love
- Retirement Planning, Financial Independence and Spending down money – My deep dive into how much you need to achieve these, and the different ways you can be financially free
- Providend – Where I currently work doing research. Fee-Only Advisory. No Commissions. Financial Independence Advisers and Retirement Specialists. No charge for the first meeting to understand how it works