Everyone says the bookstore is dead. It should go the way of Kodak.
At most they will struggle to stay relevant and bleed to death slowly.
But If you have a smart management team, you can redefine a blue ocean.
I wouldn’t say I am a book lover but I really like my time going to Kinokuniya to read and browse books.
The American Conservative ran a list of how a major book chain like Barnes and Noble can reinvent themselves:
- Just be a bookstore
- Cultivate your ‘Secret Sauce”: The serendipitous experience of discovery
- Hire happy, friendly nerds
- Create more ‘destination activities’
- Transform bookstore into subscription showrooms
- Become a mini mall
- Downside your image
- Give customer better discounts
- Become more hipster, like Starbucks
- Smell like chocolate. Or Lavender
- Cryptos are still very correlated with Equities for now. But what are the less correlated stuff? - January 23, 2022
- Why Would My Robo Cash Management Account Have Negative Returns? - January 22, 2022
- What Valuation Will Make Software/Tech Business Look Like Great Investments? - January 17, 2022