Everyone says the bookstore is dead. It should go the way of Kodak.
At most they will struggle to stay relevant and bleed to death slowly.
But If you have a smart management team, you can redefine a blue ocean.
I wouldn’t say I am a book lover but I really like my time going to Kinokuniya to read and browse books.
The American Conservative ran a list of how a major book chain like Barnes and Noble can reinvent themselves:
- Just be a bookstore
- Cultivate your ‘Secret Sauce”: The serendipitous experience of discovery
- Hire happy, friendly nerds
- Create more ‘destination activities’
- Transform bookstore into subscription showrooms
- Become a mini mall
- Downside your image
- Give customer better discounts
- Become more hipster, like Starbucks
- Smell like chocolate. Or Lavender
- Singapore Savings Bonds SSB January 2024 Yield Plunges to 3.07% (SBJAN24 GX24010F) - December 1, 2023
- New 6-Month Singapore T-Bill Yield in Early-December 2023 Should be Slightly Higher at 3.85% (for the Singaporean Savers) - November 30, 2023
- Have the World or Emerging Market Healthcare Stocks Outperform the World and EM Index? - November 26, 2023