For a person interested in understanding investing with no prior training, it can be rather daunting. Questions on your mind is what is the stock market? How does it tie to the company? How do I earn a return? How to select stocks?
This live article will provide the resources for you as an equity investor or a dividend investor starts.
As an investor, you need certain primers to build up your knowledge on how everything interlinks.
Bill Ackman’s Everything you need to know about Investing & Finance in 1 hour
Bill Ackman is a hedge fund manager at Pershing Square Capital. If you want a 1 hour video on what is a corporation and how it ties to investing, this is the video to watch.
Bill Ackman – Everything You Need to Know About… by kyith
- How does a business work, generates profit, raise capital and monetize their business Raising money as a corporation
- Difference between debt and equity
- What is a balance sheet and what it shows
- What is the income statement and what it shows
- What is the cash flow statement and what it shows
- Evaluating Value: Earnings yield, Return of capital, Earnings Growth
- What an equity investor can get and what a debt investor can get
- What you need to know about different kind of debt
- What you need to know about different kind of equity
- Assessing Investment Risk
- How an owner take cash out of the business? Dividends, Selling, IPO
- Compare to other business
- Compounding and opportunity cost
- Why you need to think about making smart investment decisions
- Investment Risk
- How to avoid losing money
- What kind of business Bill Ackman would avoid
- Simple list of business you can start looking in
- When to invest
- The psychology of investing
- What is a mutual fund (unit trust)
- Criteria of a good money manager
After learning from the beginner’s guide to stock market investing, view some of my other best resources to build and form your investing knowledge [My best resources]
If you feel these are good resources for someone starting out, do share with your friends and let me know your thoughts!
- 42 Years of Europe Small Cap Value Premium over MSCI Europe. - March 29, 2023
- 98 Years of US Small Cap Value Premium Over S&P 500 - March 28, 2023
- The Story of My Dad’s Caregiver Mar Re (and a little about Active Global Caregivers) - March 26, 2023
Friday 11th of July 2014
Sir how cn i start on dividend investing
Friday 11th of July 2014
Take care of your foundation. Purchase the millionaire teacher on that. Then purchase the intelligent investor by Benjamin graham to learn value investing