About Investment Moats
Investment Moats is set up by Kyith Ng and have been around since 2005. He aims to share his experiences making sense of money, how money works and ways to grow his money. It hopes that by sharing his experiences, both good and bad, season investors can advice and critique his decisions and new investors can learn from them and find their own style.
This main themes discussed regularly are:
- Growing and Managing Wealth. Kyith shares some of the immutable truths of wealth building, wealth spending and controlling your wealth. Kyith’s formula for building wealth is simple but you need to adjust your mindset and life to be successful in building and managing wealth. You can start off by taking a look at Kyith’s formula to building his wealth here (Kyith’s Wealthy Formula). If you are just starting your wealth building, this article on lessons learnt from Kyith’s experience is a good starter as well. (Kyith’s FI Advice)
- Financial Security and Financial Independence. Kyith does not believe in the standard definition of saving for retirement. To him, it is more about building up a Wealth Machine that produce a cash flow that is able to pay for your annual basic expenses (financial security) or for your annual expenses now (financial independence). He shares why it makes more sense to achieve security and Independence than merely waiting for retirement at 65 years old and shows different, diverse ways and mindset to achieve that. You can start by taking a look at the immutable generic formula to create a Wealth Machine that produce cash flows that keeps up with inflation and covers your basic or your full expenses (Kyith’s Generic Wealth Machine Formula)
- Money Management in Investing. Kyith stresses the importance of putting every single dollar to work and how it is done.
- Identifying good and bad businesses. Kyith analyzes companies that he is interested in, vested in or companies that he will not touch. He discusses valuation, stability and risk as well as key economic moats that can make or break the business in the long run.
- Dividend Income Investing. Kyith discusses the virtues of investing in dividend paying companies for growth and building a passive income. He also shows how to go about valuing REITs, MLPs, Utilities and businesses that grows their cash flow.
- Long Term Market Trends. Kyith takes a long term look on markets and identifies the probable direction of the market using charts and market price sentiments.
- Technical Analysis. Kyith occasionally talks about companies in danger of breaking down in prices and bursting on the upside.
- International Investing and Money. Many sites are geared towards an audience that is skewed towards the United States but there are many investors who look to put their money internationally and manages their money not based in USA. Kyith discuss on how you can do that as well.
Kyith keeps his best articles and tools under Resources. Tune in frequently in this treasure stash to find strategies and advice that are time tested and true for most situations. [Resources here]
A Little Bit About Kyith
By day, Kyith is a software and system support specialist struggling to meet user’s service level agreement, putting up with the demands of his boss and colleagues professional and sometimes personal problems.
By night, Kyith shares about his escapades in money management, investing and his love for all things technology.
Kyith holds a degree in Computer Science from the National University of Singapore and is certified at many levels in systems and software competency.
Aside from Investment Moats, he blogs about technology, productivity, and making life better at www.ProductiveOrganizer.com.
How to connect with Investment Moats
The best way to tune in to Investment Moats is to subscribe to Investment Moats RSS Feed [Our RSS Feed here].
Alternatively, choose to receive your articles via email by filling in your email address and clicking “Join Us” to the right.
You can also follow us on Facebook at Investment Moats Facebook Page [Link here].
If you like the articles we posted do share it on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook or Google Plus by clicking on the respective buttons.
Should you have any inquiries or things that needs to discuss privately you can email to email@example.com
Advertise on Investment Moats
We welcome sponsorship dealing with the same investing theme as Investment Moats and you can refer to our advertising page for information how to connect with us. [Advertise Info Page]
Your use of this site is at your sole discretion and risk.
The material on this blog has no regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation, or particular needs of any visitor. It is published solely for informational purposes and is not to be construed as a solicitation or an offer to buy or sell any securities or related financial instruments.
References made to third parties are based on information obtained from sources believed to be reliable but are not guaranteed as being accurate. Visitors should not regard it as a substitute for the exercise of their own judgment.
Any opinions expressed in this blog are subject to change without notice and this blog is not under any obligation to update or keep current the information contained herein.
The author of this blog accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of the use of all or any part of this material.
All comments on this blog site are an expression of opinion. You are recommended to consult with a licensed, qualified investment advisor before making any investment decisions.