This is what I am saying now when the market is not volatile and been going up all year:
“I’m a long term investor”
This is what I will say when another 2011 occur again:
- "Three weeks ago, I would have said: ‘We’re in it for the long haul’ … But we don’t want to see these $200,000 to $300,000 swings in performance in a $5 million account."
- "Stocks that have a 5% dividend are great, but what kind of consolation is that going to be if they’re down 10%?”
- "While [cash] might not be earning anything … that cash at least isn’t losing value.”
This is what I am saying when the market is up 20% with small correction
- "There might be small corrections here or there, but [the market] always seems to spring back up."
- "Frankly, from 2009 until recently, I wanted to stay very conservative, (now) I want to get more aggressive."
- "It’s like, ‘Oh, why were we so pessimistic back then?’ That kind of remorse never feels that good."
Thanks to Todd Wenning.
[Clear Eyes Investing | It’s a good time to be vigilant]