The May 2016’s SSB bonds yield an interest rate of 2.06%/yr for the next 10 years. You can apply through ATM or Internet Banking via the three banks (UOB,OCBC, DBS)
$10,000 will grow to $12,094 in 10 years.
This bond is backed by the Singapore Government and its available to Singaporeans.
You can find out more information about the SSB here.
Last month’s bond yields 1.94%/yr for 10 years.
Here is the current historical SSB 10 Year Yield Curve
What is this Singapore Savings Bonds? Read my past write ups:
- This Singapore Savings Bonds: Liquidity, Higher Returns and Government Backing. Dream?
- More details of the Singapore Savings Bond. Looks like my Emergency Fund nIsow
- Singapore Savings Bonds Max Holding Limit is $100,000 for now. Apply via DBS, OCBC, UOB ATM
- Singapore Savings Bonds’ Inflation Protection Abilities
- Some instructions how to apply for the Singapore Savings Bonds
Past Issues of SSB and their Rates:
To get started with dividend investing, start by bookmarking my Dividend Stock Tracker which shows the prevailing yields of blue chip dividend stocks, utilities, REITs updated nightly
- What now after $Tal Education and other China Education Stocks fell 90%? - July 25, 2021
- A Logical Personal Balance Sheet - July 24, 2021
- Year 2 of a Structural Bull (2021) May Prove to be a Muddle Market. - July 21, 2021