How? When their stock prices got ever lower.
I decided to take some time to check through the Dividend Stock Tracker to make sure the numbers look correct.
Think the new readers did not know much about this but prices are updated at the end of the day. You can have a good, quick glance on the dividend yield, debt leverage and valuations for the high yield dividend stock(s). Just bookmark the dividend stock tracker page.
Prices look as depressing as my mood. It feels that there could be a few reasons why it was beaten down so much, chief among them is funds and institutional investors selling and exiting in a wide-scale manner.
I think with the lockdown, the majority of these companies are not going to look good. Vacancies will rise, rental reversion stagnates, but valuations may also get more compelling in this phase.
The prices reflect uncertainty. Due to that, likely the compensation from equity will be higher.
I invested in a diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds (ETF) and stocks listed in the US, Hong Kong and London.
My preferred broker to trade and custodize my investments is Interactive Brokers. Interactive Brokers allow you to trade in the US, UK, Europe, Singapore, Hong Kong and many other markets. Options as well. There are no minimum monthly charges, very low forex fees for currency exchange, very low commissions for various markets.
To find out more visit Interactive Brokers today.
Join the Investment Moats Telegram channel here. I will share the materials, research, investment data, deals that I come across that enable me to run Investment Moats.
Do Like Me on Facebook. I share some tidbits that are not on the blog post there often. You can also choose to subscribe to my content via the email below.
I break down my resources according to these topics:
- Building Your Wealth Foundation – If you know and apply these simple financial concepts, your long term wealth should be pretty well managed. Find out what they are
- Active Investing – For active stock investors. My deeper thoughts from my stock investing experience
- Learning about REITs – My Free “Course” on REIT Investing for Beginners and Seasoned Investors
- Dividend Stock Tracker – Track all the common 4-10% yielding dividend stocks in SG
- Free Stock Portfolio Tracking Google Sheets that many love
- Retirement Planning, Financial Independence and Spending down money – My deep dive into how much you need to achieve these, and the different ways you can be financially free
- Providend – Where I used to work doing research. Fee-Only Advisory. No Commissions. Financial Independence Advisers and Retirement Specialists. No charge for the first meeting to understand how it works
- Havend – Where I currently work. We wish to deliver commission-based insurance advice in a better way.
- How to Select a Smartphone with A Decently Long Battery Life (That is not an Apple or Samsung Flagship Phone). - February 28, 2024
- 99% of CPF Members Attain Less Than 4 Times Their CPF BRS When They Turn 55. How True is This? - February 25, 2024
- New 6-Month Singapore T-Bill Yield in End-February 2024 to be Lower at 3.55% (for the Singaporean Savers) - February 22, 2024