I woke up this morning feeling very frustrated about something at work.
There is this functionality that is so simple, yet I can’t find a lot of service provider offering it.
So I am contemplating coding this myself.
It will also be good since I may eventually be able to own the intellectual property rights to this.
And that means Investment Moats readers may eventually be benefit from it if Kyith becomes resurgent as a coder.
However, that would mean that the writing stuff will have to go down.
So this is roughly what I need
I am thinking of developing firstly an offline application.
- This application is a series of standalone web-pages that are not host on a server
- I prefer not to install anything on a computer. It is OK to install something to develop the application
- Web-pages pulls the data from a flat file kind of database. Some of the prospective database that I can think of are CSV, JSON. I thought of SQLite but I cannot remember if I need the computer to install something to run SQLite
- One or two of the pages will need to be standard CRUD (create, result, update, delete)
- Data wise this is not heavy. You won’t have a lot of transactions a day. Probably one transaction a year.
- The main output will be reports that can be printed out.
- There will be a need for web charts
In terms of development stack, what would you recommend?
I came from a Java development background but frankly I have not developed much so the skill is at best passable. The last time though, I did develop an Android application and listed it for a while, so I would say it is still functional.
What I do understand is that the future seemed to be based on Python, but not sure if there is a stack that can give me something of a front-end, back-end and database all in an offline manner.
Open to Suggestions
I thought I could research this up, but if I have some developers, solution architects or students among my readers, this could help me narrow things down.
I probably want to keep this away from my day job first. Although I just got out of probation but I don’t think I want to be seen as doing something that seemingly might be lower in priority.
If you have some good suggestions you can email me at [email protected] or reach me at Telegram: @kyith. Or comment below!
Thanks in Advance!
Do Like Me on Facebook. I share some tidbits that is not on the blog post there often. You can also choose to subscribe to my content via email below.
I break down my resources according to these topics:
- Building Your Wealth Foundation – If you know and apply these simple financial concepts, your long term wealth should be pretty well managed. Find out what they are
- Active Investing – For the active stock investors. My deeper thoughts from my stock investing experience
- Learning about REITs – My Free “Course” on REIT Investing for Beginners and Seasoned Investors
- Dividend Stock Tracker – Track all the common 4-10% yielding dividend stocks in SG
- Free Stock Portfolio Tracking Google Sheets that many love
- Retirement Planning, Financial Independence and Spending down money – My deep dive into how much you need to achieve these, and the different ways you can be financially free
- Providend – Where I work doing research. Fee-Only Advisory. No Commissions. Financial Independence Advisers and Retirement Specialists. No charge for first meeting to understand how it works