There is a fled from bond funds towards other income producing assets. At the same time, there is a shift from actively managed funds to passive managed funds.
This video, probably not many folks will connect with them since our readers usually are the folks that believe they outperform funds.
What Is my major take-away is on Investor returns vs investment returns. Investors can be vested in the same fund but have totally different results because of our behavioral problems.
And in the words that Christine uses, you can understand why she advocates a Target Fund that is low cost from Vanguard due to better “investor outcomes” not returns.
Here, 2 Morningstar analysts talks about this shift
- 3:44: Shift from active to passive funds
- 7:30: The benefit of index funds near a retirement
- 9:20: Revisiting the idea that bond DOES have a duration and it factors into your decisions
- 14:00: Non Traditional Bond Funds
- 15:30: ETF vs traditional index funds
- 17:00: Target Date Funds: Why have they done well
- 18:50: Investor returns vs Investment returns
- $50,000 Portfolio to Supplement Lifetime Critical Illness Coverage. - June 5, 2023
- The Beauty of Having Low Essential & Basic Expenses - June 3, 2023
- Singapore Savings Bonds SSB July 2023 Yield at2.82% (SBJUL23 GX23070H) - June 1, 2023