This morning Apple just announced the new iPAD. No more iPAD 1 or iPAD 2 but just called the new iPAD.
What’s the big selling point?
- Its fatter
- Retina Display
- Quad Core Graphics processor
That’s all? but that is enough. What AAPL needs to do is to ensure they have a product that keeps up with competitors. They have already the majority of the market share.
But their economic moat is they have a massive mind share premium. No matter what they came up with how small how insignificant that mind share premium will enable them to look more favorable against the competitor.
Like what most analyst say, iPad is a market by itself. The rest of the tablets competes among themselves.
The megatrend that I see
- laptops losing market share to the iPad or tablets because most of the stuff people do socially and web surfing can be carried out well on a tablet
- how would this affect Microsoft and Intel? Intel do supply to the Apple Macbook
- would a new word processor, spreadsheet and presentation software house innovate on the iOS and Android platform to kill Microsoft golden goose?
I run a free Singapore Dividend Stock Tracker . It contains Singapore’s top dividend stocks both blue chip and high yield stock that are great for high yield investing. Do follow my Dividend Stock Tracker which is updated nightly here.
- Being Wealthy is a Feeling and Based Less on Math. But it Actually Means A Wealthy Person will have an Absurdly Low Safe Withdrawal Rate. - February 3, 2023
- Singapore Savings Bonds SSB March 2023 – Ten Year Yield Goes Up, One Year Goes Down (SBMAR23 GX23030A) - February 1, 2023
- Should You Retire at 30 Years Old with $1 Million or Retire at 40 Years Old with $10 Million (As a Singaporean)? - January 29, 2023