VIX rose 34%++ and S&P500 did a 4.5% plunge. All in all, it was very negative from what the price sentiments is telling us.
Here is a daily chart of the S&P500. I will try to be positive here and disprove this is NOT a bear forming.
Turns around the long term moving average is very positives and if this morning’s selling is followed by tremendous buying more than this morning’s selling, we could see a bottom developing and the markets continue upwards (green and blue arrows)
My weekly 17 Week and 43 Week EMA have not created a sell signal but there are 2 ways bearish trend could develop. It will either continue this low volume gyration between the 20 EMA on the daily chart and the 1150 region (dark red arrow). In this case, it will give time for my 17 week to cross over the 43 week. The other way is for a full blown drop off for the next few days (purple arrow).
So here is the equation
- A negative divergence where the price couldn’t breach the 1440 high.
- A 20,50,200 Daily EMA Death cross.
- Not much volume on the buy side, a hell lot of volume on the sell side.
What do you guys think? I find it hard to be optimistic here.
For those interested in tracking my most current holdings, you can review my portfolio over here. Learn to use our Free Stock Portfolio Tracking Google Spreadsheet to track stock transactions.
- Being Wealthy is a Feeling and Based Less on Math. But it Actually Means A Wealthy Person will have an Absurdly Low Safe Withdrawal Rate. - February 3, 2023
- Singapore Savings Bonds SSB March 2023 – Ten Year Yield Goes Up, One Year Goes Down (SBMAR23 GX23030A) - February 1, 2023
- Should You Retire at 30 Years Old with $1 Million or Retire at 40 Years Old with $10 Million (As a Singaporean)? - January 29, 2023