We have the 2 day FOMC meeting and the end result is
- We didn’t make it pass the 50 day EMA. It is very obvious that is the resistance there
- The bearish flag formation made by the 2 red lines still continues to form. This formation typically resolves to the down side.
Where do we go from here?
- Negative price sentiments take us straight down to new lows immediately (dark red arrow)
- Market continues their indecision and gyrates but eventually resolves to the downside (light blue arrow)
- The formation gets invalidated entirely with a break up (green arrow)
I would probably be a bigger buyer at higher prices when (3) occurs. I would probably be nibbling some dividend stocks if (2) continues to play out to see if it brings me to November’s ex dividend period.
(1) is a queue to lighten up on some plays I got in (2) that might able to collect in lower prices.
Notice tat it is important to have a plan should market move in any direction. It reduces the impulsive decisions we all make when the counter trends occur.
For those interested in tracking my most current holdings, you can review my portfolio over here. Learn to use our Free Stock Portfolio Tracking Google Spreadsheet to track stock transactions.
- Should You Retire at 30 Years Old with $1 Million or Retire at 40 Years Old with $10 Million (As a Singaporean)? - January 29, 2023
- New 6-Month Singapore T-Bill in Early-February 2023 Be Lower, Ranging between a Yield of 3.8% to(for the Singaporean Savers) - January 26, 2023
- The Annoying Thing About Potential Frauds in the News. - January 24, 2023