Here is one Singapore stock often mistaken as a S-Chip listed on the SGX. STRACO is a developer and operator of tourism-related attractions. It operates 2 main attractions, Shanghai Ocean Aquarium (SOA) and Underwater World Xiamen (UWX).
This sounds like a shitty investment
- 4.1% yield
- 9.43 times PE or 10.6% earnings yield
- 59% of asset in cash, 51% of market cap in cash
- Its interest from its huge cash holdings pays for the capex!
- Free Cash Flow 13.4%
- The dividend payout is 30%
You can view the Q1 results here.
I have a rather small stake here as I thought tourist attractions do not have a strong moat. But the results are proving other wise.
- Have the World or Emerging Market Healthcare Stocks Outperform the World and EM Index? - November 26, 2023
- Retirement Spending Can Vary from 25% to 100%. Not your usual 2% to 3% a Year. - November 23, 2023
- If I Earn 10% Yearly On Average, and Inflation Averages 3% Yearly, I can Safely Spend 7% Yearly Right? - November 18, 2023