Here is one Singapore stock often mistaken as a S-Chip listed on the SGX. STRACO is a developer and operator of tourism-related attractions. It operates 2 main attractions, Shanghai Ocean Aquarium (SOA) and Underwater World Xiamen (UWX).
This sounds like a shitty investment
- 4.1% yield
- 9.43 times PE or 10.6% earnings yield
- 59% of asset in cash, 51% of market cap in cash
- Its interest from its huge cash holdings pays for the capex!
- Free Cash Flow 13.4%
- The dividend payout is 30%
You can view the Q1 results here.
I have a rather small stake here as I thought tourist attractions do not have a strong moat. But the results are proving other wise.
- Should You Retire at 30 Years Old with $1 Million or Retire at 40 Years Old with $10 Million (As a Singaporean)? - January 29, 2023
- New 6-Month Singapore T-Bill in Early-February 2023 Be Lower, Ranging between a Yield of 3.8% to(for the Singaporean Savers) - January 26, 2023
- The Annoying Thing About Potential Frauds in the News. - January 24, 2023