The Aug 2016’s SSB bonds yield an interest rate of 1.75%/yr for the next 10 years. You can apply through ATM or Internet Banking via the three banks (UOB,OCBC, DBS)
$10,000 will grow to $11,779 in 10 years.
This bond is backed by the Singapore Government and its available to Singaporeans.
You can find out more information about the SSB here.
Last month’s bond yields 2.03%/yr for 10 years.
Here is the current historical SSB 10 Year Yield Curve
What is this Singapore Savings Bonds? Read my past write ups:
- This Singapore Savings Bonds: Liquidity, Higher Returns and Government Backing. Dream?
- More details of the Singapore Savings Bond. Looks like my Emergency Fund nIsow
- Singapore Savings Bonds Max Holding Limit is $100,000 for now. Apply via DBS, OCBC, UOB ATM
- Singapore Savings Bonds’ Inflation Protection Abilities
- Some instructions how to apply for the Singapore Savings Bonds
Past Issues of SSB and their Rates:
To get started with dividend investing, start by bookmarking my Dividend Stock Tracker which shows the prevailing yields of blue chip dividend stocks, utilities, REITs updated nightly
- Why We Keep Micro-Managing Our Stock Positions When Market Collapses (and what Ian Cassel thinks might help us) - May 22, 2022
- Attend REIT Symposium 2022 Online this Saturday (Tomorrow) for FREE - May 20, 2022
- How Attractive are the Astrea 7 PE Bonds? (Indicative yield of 4.1%, 5.3%, 6.0%) - May 19, 2022