We talk about building wealth requires you to first make a decision to do it but not just that make it your personal project.
Success rate will be higher.
Bill Clinton had to kick his eating binge for unhealthy food if not he would not live for long. That is his doctor’s advice. [Huffington Post]
But he managed to become a vegan.
I know many friends who would never imagine themselves being a vegan.
Usually they would, when it becomes too late for them.
What I find interesting about Clinton’s quote was this:
"The main thing that was hard for me actually — much harder than giving up meat, turkey, chicken and fish — was giving up yogurt and hard cheese," the former president said.
Clinton said he "would keep a record of everything I ate every day — what, when and how much."
"That’s easy for everybody to do. Just go write it down. And then I’d start looking at it and say, ‘what am I going to give up and what am I going to substitute?’" Clinton said.
Apparently, he wants it bad enough, such that it becomes his personal project.
This is similar to finding the fat to trim in your spending. You won’t know until you take notes on your spending habit.
- Get Rich – How to pay yourself first: The important first step is to build up your savings. Without a stream of cash flow, you cannot conservatively get rich. Here is how you can build a habit out of it.
- How to create a budget in 10 easy steps: Here is my guide with an overview of why you need a budget plan and how to plan for it.
- How to budget your money well with FREE Mvelopes: Envelope budgeting is one of the best way to plan and control your finances. This is a detail guide how to carry this out.
- Another How To guide to Envelope Budgeting with Quicken: Here is how i carry out envelope budgeting with the very comprehensive Quicken
How bad do you want to be healthy or financially stable?
- The Dangers of Income Planning with a Fixed Inflation Rate (such as 3% p.a.) - September 25, 2023
- New 6-Month Singapore T-Bill Yield in Late-September 2023 Should Stick to 3.75% (for the Singaporean Savers) - September 21, 2023
- A Concentrated, High-Quality Fixed Income Financial Independence Income Strategy Has Enough Uncertainty - September 20, 2023