Update June 2022: Our wealth advisory firm is looking for MORE individuals to join us as associate advisers.
The client advisory team at fee-only wealth advisory firm Providend is divided into two levels:
- The client advisers listen to prospects’ needs and work out financial plans and recommendations for them. The client adviser serves the existing clients that they manage on a day-to-day basis.
- The associate advisers are groomed to eventually be client advisers. Over a 2 to 3 years period, the associates will learn the nuts and bolts of wealth advisory by supporting the client advisers team.
This will be a full-time position.
You will learn from the ground up:
- How to organize prospects and client’s financial details into our financial planning process
- Sort through and make sense of the existing insurance policies that prospects bring in
- Build up or strengthen your investment fundamentals, and learn our investment philosophy
- Build up or strengthen the technical aspects of comprehensive financial planning
- Learn the way to listen, coach, engage and present to prospects and clients
Most importantly, you will soak into Providend’s unique DNA of doing what is right for the clients by becoming their trusted and most competent adviser.
We look for people with the following attributes to join us:
- Driven and motivated to do the right things in life
- Have a keen interest in the personal wealth advisory
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Love a dynamic work environment where you can grow and develop
- Bonus: A real hunger to decipher what works and doesn’t work in the investment & wealth management world.
The Associates Advisers That Joined Us on the Programme
Over the last 3 years, we have had individuals from all walks of life joining us. Some of them are still with us helping our client advisers daily and we hope that eventually all of them will be full-fledged advisers, serving and helping clients reach their financial goals.
You don’t have to have a CFP, CFA, AWP to join us. A degree is not a key criterion either. We are looking for individuals who are gritty, conscientious, have a strong moral compass and have an affinity towards the domain of wealth and money.
Your attitude towards life should lean closer to being of service to others.
A large part of the associate advisers’ daily work involves processing the meeting notes after listening to the client’s wishes, sorting out & computing the first cut of the client’s financials, and preparing the financial reports for the client’s annual review.
To do this work well, grit, and conscientiousness is definitely needed to make sure things are done correctly.
Here are some of the people that are currently on the program:
- A seasoned financial adviser who used to work in a tied-agency and independent financial advisory firm decided to join us to learn how to work with and serve the higher net worth
- A civil servant working in a public agency who could have a very decent career in civil service but decided to listen to his heart to search for a more fulfilling career where he can make great impact to people’s lives
- A general manager in his own family business who decided to strike it out on his own by going into a domain where he can marry his natural affinity towards finance with his years of experience working with people
- A bank relationship manager who felt trapped because she could not recommend products that truly benefit her clients and allow her to feel good about being of service to people
- A former analyst who used to work as a relationship manager in a bank but is not keen to just sell products just to hit the KPI
Bryan, who is one of our earliest associate advisers (and my lunch buddy), elaborated a little about his life and the work that he did at Providend in this vid:
Last year, he graduated from the programme to become a full-fledged client adviser.
Here is our CEO’s story:
I invested in a diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds (ETF) and stocks listed in the US, Hong Kong and London.
My preferred broker to trade and custodize my investments is Interactive Brokers. Interactive Brokers allow you to trade in the US, UK, Europe, Singapore, Hong Kong and many other markets. Options as well. There are no minimum monthly charges, very low forex fees for currency exchange, very low commissions for various markets.
To find out more visit Interactive Brokers today.
Join the Investment Moats Telegram channel here. I will share the materials, research, investment data, deals that I come across that enable me to run Investment Moats.
Do Like Me on Facebook. I share some tidbits that are not on the blog post there often. You can also choose to subscribe to my content via the email below.
I break down my resources according to these topics:
- Building Your Wealth Foundation – If you know and apply these simple financial concepts, your long term wealth should be pretty well managed. Find out what they are
- Active Investing – For active stock investors. My deeper thoughts from my stock investing experience
- Learning about REITs – My Free “Course” on REIT Investing for Beginners and Seasoned Investors
- Dividend Stock Tracker – Track all the common 4-10% yielding dividend stocks in SG
- Free Stock Portfolio Tracking Google Sheets that many love
- Retirement Planning, Financial Independence and Spending down money – My deep dive into how much you need to achieve these, and the different ways you can be financially free
- Providend – Where I currently work doing research. Fee-Only Advisory. No Commissions. Financial Independence Advisers and Retirement Specialists. No charge for the first meeting to understand how it works
- Why a 60/40 Balanced Portfolio Is So Defensive - August 10, 2022
- S&P 500 versus the MSCI All Country World Index and the Dimensional All Country World Research Index. - August 7, 2022
- Should You Apply for the 3.04% 50-Year Green SGS Bond? - August 5, 2022