As my readers, I guess you tend to be a more financial savvy bunch.
- You understand why we need to manage our money well
- You have manage to create a good wealth foundation
- You have started accumulating your wealth
- You like diving deeper into the topic of wealth management, protection and accumulation
- You are the resource for your friends whenever the topic of money comes up
- You are rather good with people
Some of you might see yourself leaving your current job, which you are less enthusiastic about, or going nowhere, for a job that matches your interest better.
Better yet, some of you have somehow drank the same money juice as myself, and have accumulated the bulk of your wealth, and have enough safety net, or runway, to work in an area that you are doing frequently outside of your day job.
My friend Christopher Tan‘s company Providend is looking for an Associate Adviser. Providend is a fee-only financial advisory firm. .They are probably the only one in Singapore.
The position is a salaried position.
You do not need to generate your own leads.
The main scope of work:
- Meeting potential clients with Senior Client Advisers and taking notes
- Assist the Senior Client Advisers in preparing various financial reports and financial plans for the clients
- To eventually get certified, and work towards becoming a full fledged Client Adviser
Eventually it is to groom you to have a deeper stake in the advisory business, so that you will grow with the company together. One of the main problem facing financial planning firms in countries like the USA is that the experienced planners are getting ready to retire themselves, but have a difficulty transitioning their business to a younger generation. So the firm is probably planning ahead and seeding the next generation with this.
Here are some of the requirements:
- What I mentioned above at the start (#1 to #6) and like to do that for your career
- Diploma / Bachelor Degree in Finance & Banking / Commerce / Economics
- 1 year relevant experience is preferred
If this associate adviser role fits what you are looking for, you can email your cover letter, portfolio and resume to them at [email protected].
If you are already a commissioned adviser, with a list of clients, but would like to transitioned to become one on a fee-only framework, you can contact me directly. I may be able to put you through to my friend Chris to discuss the nuances whether that is possible at all.
I don’t get anything out of this. I just think that some of you might fit this and this company might fit you.