My colleague Jia Ling is leaving us mainly because she is leaving Singapore for a period of time.
I spent some of my lunch and work time with her and found that her energy, enthusiasm have rubbed off on a lot of us. Not just that, as I need to make sense of the financial planning process, I turned to her a lot.
So now we have a tough job to replace her.
As my readers, I guess you tend to be a more financial savvy bunch.
- You understand why we need to manage our money well and managed to create a good wealth foundation for yourself
- You have started accumulating your wealth
- You like diving deeper into the topic of wealth management, protection and accumulation
- You are the resource for your friends whenever the topic of money comes up
- You communicate well with your friends, colleagues and present your thoughts and subjects well
Basically, you drank from the same money juice as myself, but you are better with people, and communicate better.
Some of you might see yourself leaving your current job, which you are
- less enthusiastic about
- or going nowhere, for a job that matches your interest better.
If this is the case, then this position might be suitable for you.
The Adviser Associate Role
For those who are not familiar with my firm, Providend is the first fee-only financial advisory firm and possibly still the only one (there are a few fee-based one around though).
We serve high net worth clients by being effective stewards of their wealth, serving with integrity.
Some of the nature of the position:
- The position is a salaried position
- You do not need to generate your own leads
- You will assist the Senior Client Advisers in preparing various financial reports and financial plans for the clients
- Meet potential clients with Senior Client Advisers
- To eventually get certified, and work towards becoming a full fledged Client Adviser
- Our office is in Duxton Hill in Tanjong Pagar
Here are some of the requirements:
- What I mentioned above at the start (#1 to #6) and like to do that for your career
- Diploma / Bachelor Degree in Finance & Banking / Commerce / Economics
- 1 year relevant experience in some ways of financial planning is preferred
- If you do not have the relevant degree or experience, show us your passion for financial planning and how passionate to do this
If this associate adviser role fits what you are looking for, you can email your cover letter, portfolio and resume to them at [email protected].
You can also email me at [email protected] or Telegram me @kyith to ask questions for more information.
I used to say “I don’t get anything out of this”.
Now, it is I get to work with you!
If you are already a commissioned adviser, with a list of clients, but would like to transitioned to become one on a fee-only framework, you can also contact me directly.
I may be able to put you through to my boss Chris or Evelyn to discuss the nuances whether that is possible at all.
Do Like Me on Facebook. I share some tidbits that is not on the blog post there often. You can also choose to subscribe to my content via email below.
Here are My Topical Resources on:
- Building Your Wealth Foundation – If you know and apply these simple financial concepts, your long term wealth should be pretty well managed. Find out what they are
- Active Investing – For the active stock investors. My deeper thoughts from my stock investing experience
- Learning about REITs – My Free “Course” on REIT Investing for Beginners and Seasoned Investors
- Dividend Stock Tracker – Track all the common 4-10% yielding dividend stocks in SG
- Free Stock Portfolio Tracking Google Sheets that many love
- Retirement Planning, Financial Independence and Spending down money – My deep dive into how much you need to achieve these, and the different ways you can be financially free
- Providend – Where I work doing research. Fee-Only Advisory. No Commissions. Financial Independence Advisers and Retirement Specialists. No charge for first meeting to understand how it works