My team is looking for a new insurance specialist hire.
Short of turning Investment Moats into a job site, I assure you that this is likely going to be the last of such article in a while.
We are looking to add one more person to my team of one head of solutions, one head of investment and one solutions team grunt (me).
Providend is more of a wealth advisory firm instead of a financial planning firm that sells insurance policies. Insurance protection is an important element of wealth protection that we felt is critical enough for us to bring someone inhouse and to focus upon this.
The insurance specialist will be able to drive how the firm and client look at areas of wealth protection, legacy planning and general insurance.
If he feels that the basis of planning by the industry is flawed, he is open to research and formulates his own framework and the firm will adopt this new basis if it is sound.
This insurance specialist will have the opportunity to work with high net worth and affluent clients to speak and advise them on their wealth protection and legacy planning needs.
The insurance specialist will also have to work with our existing client advisers to support the insurance client servicing of their existing clients.
I would describe this role as a mixture of helping our existing clients with their insurance needs, figure out what is lacking in this area for the firm and help formulate solutions, as well as grow our legacy planning solutions.
The career path of this role is to become a team lead of the insurance advisory (which likely means I report to all three head of solutions, investment and insurance)
This is a salaried position and non-commission paying.
We welcome fresh graduates with interest in this area to apply. Do not have to worry if you do not have the relevant experience. We value grit and conscientiousness if you have less experience but would like to grow into the role.
Here are the requirements as laid out by my boss:
- Enjoy wealth advisory work as well as liaising with vendors and clients
- Is driven, tenacious and possess a strong sense of work ethics
- Loves analytical work
- Has good interpersonal & communication skills
- Good team player who can work independently and diligently
- Has a bachelor in any discipline
- Have some experience in insurance industry is a bonus but not a requirement
If you are interested you can write in to HR @ Providend (visit the careers page here).
I invested in a diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds (ETF) and stocks listed in the US, Hong Kong and London.
My preferred broker to trade and custodize my investments is Interactive Brokers. Interactive Brokers allow you to trade in the US, UK, Europe, Singapore, Hong Kong and many other markets. Options as well. There are no minimum monthly charges, very low forex fees for currency exchange, very low commissions for various markets.
To find out more visit Interactive Brokers today.
Join the Investment Moats Telegram channel here. I will share the materials, research, investment data, deals that I come across that enable me to run Investment Moats.
Do Like Me on Facebook. I share some tidbits that are not on the blog post there often. You can also choose to subscribe to my content via the email below.
I break down my resources according to these topics:
- Building Your Wealth Foundation – If you know and apply these simple financial concepts, your long term wealth should be pretty well managed. Find out what they are
- Active Investing – For active stock investors. My deeper thoughts from my stock investing experience
- Learning about REITs – My Free “Course” on REIT Investing for Beginners and Seasoned Investors
- Dividend Stock Tracker – Track all the common 4-10% yielding dividend stocks in SG
- Free Stock Portfolio Tracking Google Sheets that many love
- Retirement Planning, Financial Independence and Spending down money – My deep dive into how much you need to achieve these, and the different ways you can be financially free
- Providend – Where I currently work doing research. Fee-Only Advisory. No Commissions. Financial Independence Advisers and Retirement Specialists. No charge for the first meeting to understand how it works
- Should You Retire at 30 Years Old with $1 Million or Retire at 40 Years Old with $10 Million (As a Singaporean)? - January 29, 2023
- New 6-Month Singapore T-Bill in Early-February 2023 Be Lower, Ranging between a Yield of 3.8% to(for the Singaporean Savers) - January 26, 2023
- The Annoying Thing About Potential Frauds in the News. - January 24, 2023