I updated roughly 1 month ago on my blog that through Standard Chartered Banking LiveFX, the exchange spread we get for currency conversion seems to have improved.
The spread that we used to need to pay was about 0.80% difference between what they quote versus the spot foreign exchange rates (FX). with LiveFX, this sort of reduced to about 0.40%.
I was helping a reader verify some figures on my Standard Chartered Banking LiveFX and noticed that the rates seem lower than 0.40% now.
I compared the rates versus the quotes from 2 other platforms.
They have come down closer to 0.30%.
This is good news for those who are investing/trading overseas stocks.
At this rate, it is possibly cheaper than some of the traditional brokers. But not as close to the spot rates that we could observe if we were to use Interactive Brokers.
Do Like Me on Facebook. I share some tidbits that is not on the blog post there often. You can also choose to subscribe to my content via email below.
I break down my resources according to these topics:
- Building Your Wealth Foundation – If you know and apply these simple financial concepts, your long term wealth should be pretty well managed. Find out what they are
- Active Investing – For active stock investors. My deeper thoughts from my stock investing experience
- Learning about REITs – My Free “Course” on REIT Investing for Beginners and Seasoned Investors
- Dividend Stock Tracker – Track all the common 4-10% yielding dividend stocks in SG
- Free Stock Portfolio Tracking Google Sheets that many love
- Retirement Planning, Financial Independence and Spending down money – My deep dive into how much you need to achieve these, and the different ways you can be financially free
- Providend – Where I currently work doing research. Fee-Only Advisory. No Commissions. Financial Independence Advisers and Retirement Specialists. No charge for the first meeting to understand how it works