We are organizing an upcoming webinar that focuses on sound wealth advice for expatriates from Britain or the United Kingdom in general.
This is a live webinar and will be on 18th February, next Thursday. We will keep it short for 1 hour from 7.30 pm to 8.30 pm.
You can register here.
My colleague Max , our head of expat advisory will be speaking.
Max grew up in Manchester and came over to Singapore, became a British expat about 10 years ago.
Max may still be working in a bank if not for his nasty experience with some very unsound investment products recommended to him.
Instead, he decided that more expatriates should know about the fundamental sound ways to build wealth, setup the life they want to live. (You can also tune in to this interview of Max and myself to know some of his backstory)
In this webinar, Max will be covering:
- UK Pensions: What are the fundamentally sound options (and perhaps the unsound options) for the British expatriates?
- Legacy and inheritance tax: How do you transfer your wealth in the best way possible?
- As an expatriate, what are the sound ways to build your wealth?
- How do make sure you build up enough assets to live your desired lifestyles?
- Do you need wealth advisers and banks or you can do-it-yourself?
The key issue plaguing expats is that a lot of people will preach that your situation is very special and so you will need special insurance, wealth building solutions, with some special structures.
Some of these specific solutions might be applicable for you but a lot of times, what works for us (Singaporeans and PR) in general would work for you as well!
I hope that this session will shed some light on areas that may be specific to you and areas where the wealth industry tend to oversell you.
If you have expatriate friends and colleagues who are from the UK or Australia working in Singapore, this might be something good to bring to their attention.
If you missed this webinar, do let me know via email or comment. If we have another one (or if you have questions pertaining to wealth advisory for expat for Max), let me know as well.
The Sign up link is here again.
I invested in a diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds (ETF) and stocks listed in the US, Hong Kong and London.
My preferred broker to trade and custodize my investments is Interactive Brokers. Interactive Brokers allow you to trade in the US, UK, Europe, Singapore, Hong Kong and many other markets. Options as well. There are no minimum monthly charges, very low forex fees for currency exchange, very low commissions for various markets.
To find out more visit Interactive Brokers today.
Join the Investment Moats Telegram channel here. I will share the materials, research, investment data, deals that I come across that enable me to run Investment Moats.
Do Like Me on Facebook. I share some tidbits that are not on the blog post there often. You can also choose to subscribe to my content via the email below.
I break down my resources according to these topics:
- Building Your Wealth Foundation – If you know and apply these simple financial concepts, your long term wealth should be pretty well managed. Find out what they are
- Active Investing – For active stock investors. My deeper thoughts from my stock investing experience
- Learning about REITs – My Free “Course” on REIT Investing for Beginners and Seasoned Investors
- Dividend Stock Tracker – Track all the common 4-10% yielding dividend stocks in SG
- Free Stock Portfolio Tracking Google Sheets that many love
- Retirement Planning, Financial Independence and Spending down money – My deep dive into how much you need to achieve these, and the different ways you can be financially free
- Providend – Where I currently work doing research. Fee-Only Advisory. No Commissions. Financial Independence Advisers and Retirement Specialists. No charge for the first meeting to understand how it works