This is a follow up to the last post I did when the volatility of the markets picked up. Not to cause panic but I want to see how different ETF for different asset classes do.
800 points do look like a lot and for a market like this you realize there are not a lot of 3% moves.
The 20 year US Treasury Bond ETF always look good in times like this. Very uncorrelated and moving up 2%.
Gold miner stocks is quite insulated. Since they are equities, you do not know how they are going to react when equity markets move down. The correlation relationship might not always be similar.
Finally the USD ETF is performing better.
The Japan yen is rather muted compared to the Aug 8 period.
Volatility ETF does it’s thing when the volatility picks up.
The UPRO and TMF are suppose to be in a constantly re-balancing portfolio.
Emerging markets, is still rather correlated. It has been very depressing.
Lastly the REITs .
Do Like Me on Facebook. I share some tidbits that is not on the blog post there often. You can also choose to subscribe to my content via email below.
I break down my resources according to these topics:
- Building Your Wealth Foundation – If you know and apply these simple financial concepts, your long term wealth should be pretty well managed. Find out what they are
- Active Investing – For the active stock investors. My deeper thoughts from my stock investing experience
- Learning about REITs – My Free “Course” on REIT Investing for Beginners and Seasoned Investors
- Dividend Stock Tracker – Track all the common 4-10% yielding dividend stocks in SG
- Free Stock Portfolio Tracking Google Sheets that many love
- Retirement Planning, Financial Independence and Spending down money – My deep dive into how much you need to achieve these, and the different ways you can be financially free
- Providend – Where I work doing research. Fee-Only Advisory. No Commissions. Financial Independence Advisers and Retirement Specialists. No charge for first meeting to understand how it works