This is a follow up to the last post I did when the volatility of the markets picked up. Not to cause panic but I want to see how different ETF for different asset classes do.
800 points do look like a lot and for a market like this you realize there are not a lot of 3% moves.
The 20 year US Treasury Bond ETF always look good in times like this. Very uncorrelated and moving up 2%.
Gold miner stocks is quite insulated. Since they are equities, you do not know how they are going to react when equity markets move down. The correlation relationship might not always be similar.
Finally the USD ETF is performing better.
The Japan yen is rather muted compared to the Aug 8 period.
Volatility ETF does it’s thing when the volatility picks up.
The UPRO and TMF are suppose to be in a constantly re-balancing portfolio.
Emerging markets, is still rather correlated. It has been very depressing.
Lastly the REITs .
Sign up with the new SG broker Futu SG today before the 2nd of October and you can receive one FREE Apple share and 3 months of Commission-free trading. All you have to do is open the account and deposit SG$2700 into the account and you can get this welcome package estimated to be worth SG$205!
Here are the easy steps that allow you to qualify in a short time.
Join the Investment Moats Telegram channel here. I will share the materials, research, investment data, deals that I come across that enable me to run Investment Moats.
Do Like Me on Facebook. I share some tidbits that are not on the blog post there often. You can also choose to subscribe to my content via the email below.
I break down my resources according to these topics:
- Building Your Wealth Foundation – If you know and apply these simple financial concepts, your long term wealth should be pretty well managed. Find out what they are
- Active Investing – For active stock investors. My deeper thoughts from my stock investing experience
- Learning about REITs – My Free “Course” on REIT Investing for Beginners and Seasoned Investors
- Dividend Stock Tracker – Track all the common 4-10% yielding dividend stocks in SG
- Free Stock Portfolio Tracking Google Sheets that many love
- Retirement Planning, Financial Independence and Spending down money – My deep dive into how much you need to achieve these, and the different ways you can be financially free
- Providend – Where I currently work doing research. Fee-Only Advisory. No Commissions. Financial Independence Advisers and Retirement Specialists. No charge for the first meeting to understand how it works
- How would you successfully close a prospect who has a better growth of wealth than your recommendation? - September 19, 2021
- Evergrande’s debt issues may result in aftershocks in the high yield bond market. - September 17, 2021
- Moat Market Intel: Age of Bull Market, Years with Shallow Drawdowns and Good Wealth Planning Rules of Thumb - September 15, 2021