Many investors see telecom companies locally as the most sturdy dividend stocks, that will never collapse. Well here is a glimpse of some dark events that would hit telcos:
- During deep unemployment
- Removal of subsidies (coming to Singtel, Starhub and M1)
- Competition from cheaper sources (Viewquest and MyRepublic anyone?)
Gigaom have a good article here titled Has Europe Fallen Out of Love with the Mobile Phone?
I am invested in Vodafone but not Telefonica but what I do know is that Telefonica’s earnings are really falling drastically. No matter how strong a utility, consumer still ranks them in the order they need to survive.
- A High Certainty Income Plan With Glaring Holes - December 4, 2022
- Singapore Savings Bonds SSB January 2023 – 1-Year Yield Plunges to 2.95% (SBJAN23 GX23010Z) - December 2, 2022
- New 6-Month Singapore T-Bill (est. 3.8% Yield) Available on Auction Until 8th December 2022 - December 1, 2022