Many investors see telecom companies locally as the most sturdy dividend stocks, that will never collapse. Well here is a glimpse of some dark events that would hit telcos:
- During deep unemployment
- Removal of subsidies (coming to Singtel, Starhub and M1)
- Competition from cheaper sources (Viewquest and MyRepublic anyone?)
Gigaom have a good article here titled Has Europe Fallen Out of Love with the Mobile Phone?
I am invested in Vodafone but not Telefonica but what I do know is that Telefonica’s earnings are really falling drastically. No matter how strong a utility, consumer still ranks them in the order they need to survive.
- Singapore Savings Bonds SSB November 2023 Yield Bashes Higher to 3.32% (SBNOV23 GX23110V) - October 2, 2023
- How to Inflation-Adjust Your CPF LIFE Basic or Standard Plans - October 2, 2023
- Historic Bond Move Has Killed This Crazy Portfolio Strategy (for now…) - September 30, 2023