Ok this could be classified as a rant post but I have been observing what is going on the bus and really do not like what I see.
I have been taking buses to work and school for almost 10 years straight but I still don’t understand why people still do not move in when people are trying to get on buses during peak hours. There are glaring gaps at the middle or back of buses but most will just mind their business and not make a concerted effort to move in.
My observations are
- Foreign Talents tend to not do that. They just park themselves there right in front should they find a good spot. I know that they will alight much later after me as I have seen them before but they will just park themselves at the most convenient place. The worse was yesterday, when everyone is trying to get home from work at industrial parks and they just park themselves right in front of the door getting up!
- To a lesser extent secondary school students. To be fair I observe that they are very warm to give up seats to elderly, but most of the time they are pre-occupied with themselves and do not make an effort to move in.
- The group of people playing with their iPhones and PSP. They just find the spot that allows them to not move and do that. The iPhones also allows them to be distracted enough not to make an effort to move in.
I think the government considers us as a first world country. But are these proper gestures showing the character that a first world citizen should have? The students are our future yet what I see are more self-centered behaviors and now we are importing talents who frankly speaking think more for their own well being then for the society.
We should have a national campaign to re-educate and teach citizens how to be more considerate and the right way to use public transport!
- 99% of CPF Members Attain Less Than 4 Times Their CPF BRS When They Turn 55. How True is This? - February 25, 2024
- New 6-Month Singapore T-Bill Yield in End-February 2024 to be Lower at 3.55% (for the Singaporean Savers) - February 22, 2024
- Mr Lawrence Wong Woke Up on Friday Morning and Chose Violence. - February 18, 2024