I don’t like WhatsApp.
It is probably one of the most restrictive messaging application out there. Doesn’t have rich text and forever copying what others do but not doing enough.
The problem is that it has become the de facto messaging platform here in this region. Everyone uses it.
One of the problems I have is that in order to message someone, we have to save their contact on the phone.
I used to think that not saving is not an option.
On some phones there are workarounds but this is not universal.
How You can Send with WhatsApp API Call Without Saving the Contact on the Laptop
The best part of this solution is that I do not have to send it with my phone.
1. Open your preferred web browser (e.g. Chrome, Safari)
2. Type the following bolded part in your URL Box: https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=XXXXXXXXXXX . In place of the Xs type the phone number of the person you want to contact, including the country code, but without the + sign. For example, if the number is 91234567, it will be https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=6591234567
Alternatively, you can use a shorten link wa.me/6591234567 and it will work as well!
3. Click on Message
4. Select use WhatsApp Web
5. OK You Can Then Start Messaging
This probably save me a fair bit of trouble. If you have an even easier solution do let me know.
I invested in a diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds (ETF) and stocks listed in the US, Hong Kong and London.
My preferred broker to trade and custodize my investments is Interactive Brokers. Interactive Brokers allow you to trade in the US, UK, Europe, Singapore, Hong Kong and many other markets. Options as well. There are no minimum monthly charges, very low forex fees for currency exchange, very low commissions for various markets.
To find out more visit Interactive Brokers today.
Join the Investment Moats Telegram channel here. I will share the materials, research, investment data, deals that I come across that enable me to run Investment Moats.
Do Like Me on Facebook. I share some tidbits that are not on the blog post there often. You can also choose to subscribe to my content via the email below.
I break down my resources according to these topics:
- Building Your Wealth Foundation – If you know and apply these simple financial concepts, your long term wealth should be pretty well managed. Find out what they are
- Active Investing – For active stock investors. My deeper thoughts from my stock investing experience
- Learning about REITs – My Free “Course” on REIT Investing for Beginners and Seasoned Investors
- Dividend Stock Tracker – Track all the common 4-10% yielding dividend stocks in SG
- Free Stock Portfolio Tracking Google Sheets that many love
- Retirement Planning, Financial Independence and Spending down money – My deep dive into how much you need to achieve these, and the different ways you can be financially free
- Providend – Where I currently work doing research. Fee-Only Advisory. No Commissions. Financial Independence Advisers and Retirement Specialists. No charge for the first meeting to understand how it works