We always discuss planning without considering the challenges faced by a specific sex. This video gives both the men and women perspectives into the different challenges faced by women.
While i felt most of the points apply to Singaporean women, the video tends to be skewed more towards the more affluent side.
One area mentioned a lot was Long Term Care Insurance. Not just among women, but in general.
Differences between Women versus Men in Wealth
- Women live longer: Longevity Risk
- Women are more likely to be alone as they get older
- Women spend nearly three times more than men on long-term care
- Women’s retirement income is substantially less
- Women spend too much time taking care of everyone else but themselves
- 3:43: What an experience financial planner would like to know when a women walks in
- 5:00: Questions asked by Men and Women are rather different
- 7:45: The fears of women and contrast to men
- 9.00: Some examples of married folks
- 12:30: Long Term Care Insurance. Men are not interested, more important for women
- 13:10: Advice for Single Mothers/Widows
- 16:57: Steps Divorced Women should take, what are the biggest mistakes
- 20:00: Considerations for women going to get re-married (Pre-nuptial)
- 22:00: Women need to be less cautious in their investments due to needing to live for a longer time
- 22:40: Bucket Approach: Have 2-3 years of living expenses in conservative investments, Have rest of portfolio more aggressively invested for long-term needs