As human being living in a world where advertisements are thrown at us every day, we tend to not realise we spend on alot of things that we
- think we absolutely need but really don’t
- impulsively buy only to know that its not really living up to expectations
- we were hypnotize to think we need but really don’t
- buy and end up collecting alot of them
Here is good video from a blogger at Get Rich Slowly sharing how he and his wifey controls these spending urges. To summarize they are:
- The 30-day list for Wants – [1:20]
- Two items out for every on item in – [2:40]
- Experiences over possessions – [3:55]
What i realise is that all of them really make sense. Especially (2) where alot of geeks or ladies will just buy and buy to no end and you just accumulate stuff that depreciate.
3 Barriers To Help Block Consumerism from Adam Baker on Vimeo.
Latest posts by Kyith (see all)