Often the lessons we can learn from the most is when we see how well a local company compares against a competent candidate internationally.
National Health Investors’ REIT is a healthcare REIT in the US and @ Seeking Alpha I found an article posted on Nov 8th that talks about it. You will notice a lot of the similarities in its leverage and lease terms that makes me wonder that is usually the parameters a healthcare REIT should work within.
First REIT is currently cum Rights and you can read about a detail discussion in this topic here.
- National Health Investors (NHI) is a REIT that invests in income-producing properties in the health care industry.
- Net income has been fairly erratic.
- The regular dividend has increased by an average of 5% annually, and NHI also offers a special dividend during certain years. (The dividend graph below excludes the special dividend of 2010 because it is not known.)
- The current yield is over 5%.
- The balance sheet is exceptionally strong.
- With the recent run-up in price, I currently find NHI to be mildly overvalued, but worth keeping an eye on.
(Click to enlarge)
I run a free Singapore Dividend Stock Tracker available for everyone’s perusal. It contains Singapore’s top dividend stocks both blue chip and high yield stock that are great for high yield investing. Do follow my Dividend Stock Tracker which is updated nightly here.
Subscribe to Investment Moats to Level Up Your Wealth Management Today
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Kyith.